Thursday, January 22, 2004

Rod Roddy Gets the Call to "Come On Up!" 10/27/03

Rod Roddy of "come on down fame!" of the Price is Right was the next celebrity to hear the call of God to "come on up!" on 10/27/03. Rod you always know the Price is Right in the Kingdom of Heaven. Jason was so moved by this that he wrote his own version to honor Rod Roddy. Jason's version of CITW for Rod Roddy...

Good Bye Roddy Rod
From a young man in the 22nd row
Whome you never picked for plinko
And never told me to come...on...down
And it seems to me
That you lived your life
Wearing very gaudy clothes
Never knowing what to pick
From the trash bin
And I would have liked to know you
But I was just a kid
Your jacket burned out long before
Your legend ever did

And here's my version to honor Rod Roddy...

Goodbye Rod Roddy
I bet Bob Barker knew you well
You had the grace wearing ugly jackets
Those around you would not wear at all
They yelled about your work
Some questioning your fame
They told you to yell "Come on down"
And then they played the game

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a clown on the stage
Never knowing actual retail price
While Bob controlled the game
And I did like to watch you
When I was just a kid
I wondered what neutering was
But you never did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home