Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Rodney Dangerfield 10/6

Comedy legend Rodney Dangerfield passed away last night. He'd had some medical problems recently and they just caught up with him. To honor the love I have for two partiucular movies he was in I present 2 CITW remixes. One for Caddyshack and the other for Back to School. Bonus on the Back to School since I worked in my favorite line from the movie into the song.

Some where right now Ted Knight and Rodney are talking and I can just hear Ted saying "Bushwooooood". In closing: "Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you though."

CITW-Caddyshack version
Goodbye Al Czervik
Judge Smailes knew you well
You danced to a Journey song
Ugly pants we all could tell
You crawled out of nowhere
With a giant golf bag in your hand
Became a golf icon
Till you broke your arm again

And it seemed to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Playing with Ty Webb Smailes loses again
And it seemed like I knew you
When I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your days a Bushwood ever did

CITW-Back to School
Goodbye Thornton Melon
I knew you were tall and fat
You did the triple lindy and said
“Well you are short and ugly give me my pen back.”
You crawled out of nowhere
A clothing store to your name
Went to school with your kid
College never was the same

And it seemed to me that you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing when to say
Those things about Vietnam again
And I would have liked to know you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your college memories ever did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home