Wednesday, December 27, 2006

James Brown-Music Icon 12/25/06

James Brown passed aaway over the holiday weekend. When I left work on Thursday I read he was in the hospital for pneumonia and he died over the weekend. James Brown is one of those guys who will be around forever beause his music will be sampld and redone over and over again. I have a singing James Brown that is about 18 inches high and belts out tunes, so yeah you could say I'm a fan. I got in JB references to some other things that remind me of the Godfather of Soul. The Eddie Murphy "James Brown Hot Tub Party" from SNL and while back and my love for all things Rocky (except Rocky V of course) when James Brtown sang Livin' in America at the fight before that evil Russian killed Apollo Creed. R.I.P. James

Goodbye James Brown
Thought I knew you pretty well
You had the great moves didn’t dance like a fool
Godfather of Soul all could tell
You crawled out of South Carolina
With a brand new bag
Became a music icon
At Apollo’s fight where he was dead

And it seemed to me that you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing when to do
The splits and get in the hot tub again
And I would have liked to known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your dancing ever did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home