Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Gerald Ford-12/27/06

Former President Gerald Ford also passed away recently. I don't know too much about the Ford presidency except that he took over when the Watergate fiasco took place. Ford was president when I was a wee lad in the suburbs of Chicago. I think that Ford is an ex-president
that is actually was a better ex-president then when they were in office. Look at what Jimmy Carter has done since he was not re-elected, a lot more than he did when he was in there. It s a little hard to rip on an ex president with a CITW remix. Michigan legend Gerald Ford R.I.P.

Goodbye Gerald Ford
Politics knew you pretty well
Took over when Nixon screwed things up
And left the country not so swell
You crawled out of Michigan
With aspirations in your hand
Became a Michigan legend
Declared the nightmare over again

And it seemed to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Took over the office
When Agnew screwed up once again
And I would have liked to known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
You good ex president tag ever did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home