Thursday, January 22, 2004

Art Carney-The Honeymooners and some movie with a cat

A Hollywood legend Art Carney passed away on 11/9/03 and I always remeber "The Honeymooners" where they were trying to learn how to golf. I like the Fight Club reference in the song, but I guess I shouldn't be talking about Fight Club...

Goodbye Art Carney
Jackie Gleason knew you well
You working in the sewer
You must have smelled like hell
You did some other stuff
Andwhat is was I can't attest
Something with a cat I think
Harry and Tonto at your best

And it seemed to me you lived your life
Like a second banana at times
Never standing in the light
Ed Norton was your name
Not like the guy in Fight Club
Just a character by a name
Your career burned out long before
"Address the ball" ever did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home