Thursday, January 22, 2004

Tug McGraw....yes Tim's Dad

Tug McGraw famous relief pitcher and father of music star Tim McGraw got pulled from the game on 1/6/04. Jason was so moved by the Tugmeister he sent in his version of CITW, and got a nice Ivan Calderon reference in there and questions Tug's parental abilities, nice combo...

Good bye man named Tug
Though I never knew you at all
You played with Larry Bowa
And paid no attention to your son at all
And it seems to me you lived your life
Always Stuck in middle relief, always wondering
When your gonna pitch again
And I would have liked to known you
But I was always a Cubs Fan
Your death shocked me more than Ivan Calderon


And here it my version of CITW, I like this one a little for the Dan Quisenberry and Ed Kranepool references. Oddly enough bothe guys died of brain cancer if I'm not mistaken, maybe it was from those MLB hats they used back in the day. Hmmmm....

Goodbye Tug McGraw
Ed Kranepool knew you pretty well
You had the grace throw a ball
Hitters couldn't strike it well
You wore the red pinstripes
With a white "P" on your hat
Became a Philly icon
I don't think Tug was your real name

And it seemed to me you pitched your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing when to say
"You gotta believe!" or just yell
And I would have liked to have know you
But I was just a kid
If you couldn't save the game
We'd just send in the Quiz



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home