Thursday, March 24, 2005

Seinfeld cast member death....

Well Barney Martin who was the second actor to play Jerry's dad died yesterday. Jerry's parrents were after a while pretty regular characters on the show and actually were in some really funny episodes. I've put some pieces in those episodes below in this version of CITW. The vigil will be at the same time and same place as usual. I believe the belt less overcoat was called "The Diplomat" if I'm not mistaken. Yes he did serve as president of the complex for a while before he was thrown out of office in disgrace....I don't think he ever got over that. Anywhere here it is:

Goodbye Barney Martin
Thought I knew you pretty well
You invented the belt less raincoat
Played Jerry's dad so well
You crawled out of nowhere
Livin in Del Boca Vista must be grand
Became a Seinfeld regular
With an astronaut pen in your hand

And it seemed to me that you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing how much to tip
Jerry got you that calculator again
And it seemed that I did know you
The last acting jobs you did
Your candle burned out long before
Your presidential legacy ever did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home