Thursday, March 25, 2004

Triple J...J J Jackson Original MTV VJ 3/19/04

Well what a way to start a day. Today the one and only J J Jackson is no longer amongst the living. J.J. was on MTV when the channel actually played....videos. Yes that is what the M in MTV stands for "music". Sure the videos weren't the greatest, but they played them that's for sure. Now we can only hope that Alan Hunter, Mark Goodman, Martha Quinn, Adam Curry, Matt Pinfield, Kevin Seals, Rikki Rathman or Kennedy are next. Let's all hope its Kennedy. In case you were wondering yes I'm a geek I remeber a lot of MTV VJ's

Goodbye J.J. Jackson
Alan Hunter knew you well
You played those crappy videos
My generation surely would tell
You crawled out of radio
With a little afro on your head
An original MTV VJ
Heart attack and how you’re dead

And it seemed to me that you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing when to play Idol
Or The Buggles video again
And it seemed like I knew you
But I was just a kid
Never saw Nina Blackwood naked
I wonder if you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home