Friday, May 14, 2004

Floyd Kalber Chicago News Legend 5/14

Chicago new legend Floyd Kalber passed away
yesterday. Floyd was the guy who channel 7 would use
when none of the other anchors wanted to work namely
major holidays. I also remember for him talking like
he had marbles in his mouth on the 4:30 newscasts
on channel 7. The version also includes shout outs to
Fahey Flynn, Walter Jacobson, and Jerry Taft. I'm sure
my favorite Chicago newscaster John Drummond will
be at the vigil tonight.

Goodbye Floyd Kalber
Fahey Flynn knew you pretty well
On days you told us the news
Annunciating not too well
You were on the newscast
When other anchors did not work
You were never drunk
I bet Jacobson’s a jerk

And it seemed to me you lived you life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing when to say
Here’s Jerry with the weather again
And it seemed like I knew you
When I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your talking head ever did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home