Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Tony Randall sitcom legend 5/18

Sitcom legend Tony Randall died last night. There are only three things I can tell you about Tony Randall 1) he was on The Odd Couple 2) he was married to some woman a lot younger than him. Do a google image search the wife was pretty hot considering Tony was 50 years older than she was. Makes you wonder what was going on in that relationship. 3) He would appear regularly on Letterman and Conan even when he wasn't pimpig something. I always got the impression that he wasn't interested in the ladies if you know what I'm saying. Vigil at the usual time and place tonight. I'll be there dressed as Oscar Madison.



Goodbye Tony Randall
Jack Klugman knew you well
You had the grace to be so clean
The Odd Couple would surely tell
You crawled out of nowhere
With a young wife at your hands
Became a sitcom legend
After that hardly worked again

And it seemed to me that you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
After The Odd Couple never hitting in big
Like Klugman’s Quincy surely did
And I would have liked to know you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your young wife’s ever did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home