Monday, December 12, 2005

Richard Pryor 12/10/05

Well overthe weekend Richard Pryor went to the big comdy club in the sky. Admittedly at my age I didn't hear too much of his early stuff the first time around but later on in his life. I did know he was from Peoria Illinois and I feel sorry for the guy for that fact alone. Anyway here it is CITW, Richard Pryor:

Goodbye Richard Pryor
Thought I knew you pretty well
You could swear a blue streak
Your albums sure would tell
You crawled out of Peoria
With a dream in your hand
Became a comedy legend
Why’d you do Superman III again?

And it seemed to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing when to say
Honky to Chevy Chase again
And I would have liked to know you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long beforeStir Crazy every did

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One suggestion, change the last line to:

"Your candle burned out long before your hair ever did."

7:50 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

And, if you're young, then you don't recall either that not only was Pryor from Peoria, but he grew up over a whorehouse.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home