Wednesday, July 20, 2005

James Doohan 85, Who? Ohh that guy....7/20/05

James Doohan who is known by sci fi geeks and D&D players around the world passed away today. Doohan was known as "Scotty" the engineer from Star Trek. I was never a fan of the show or the movies but who can't help themselves from doing a "I just can't do it!" like Scotty use to day. Doohan was also not a fan of old Bill Shatner either....seems like no one likes him. Candle light vigil same place and same time. Anyway here it is, not one of my better efforts but hey its been a while....

Goodbye James Doohan
Geeks knew you pretty well
You kept the Enterprise running
"I just can’t do it!" you said so well
You crawled out of Canada
Fake Scottish accent your game
Became a Sci-fi icon
Who really knew your real name

And it seemed to me that you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
No one liked Captain Kirk
Seems he’s being a dick again
And I wouldn’t want to know you
Even if I was a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Bad impressions of you ever did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home