Monday, August 08, 2005

Peter Jennings, 67 ABC News Anchor

Former ABC World News Tonight anchor Peter Jennigs has gotten an anchor gig in the sky. Honestly a news anchor isn't the easiest person to write a CITW remix for because generally they are pretty clean cut folks. I never really watched Jennings so most of this stuff is directly from his bio posted all over. The parents watched Rather when I was younger and I watched Brokaw until he hung up his anchor shoes earlier this year.

Goodbye Peter Jennings
National news stories knew you well
You had the nice suit and hair
Your audience would surely tell
Your crawled out of Canada
No high school diploma in your hand
Became and ABC icon
Covering bad stories all again

And it seemed to me that you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing when to say
"And this story just came in"
And I would have liked to know you
But I watched Rather as a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your great delivery ever did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home